Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Thursday, November 05, 2015

The First Snowfall of the Winter and Racquetball

I usually don't look forward to snow in November, but this snow has been coming down in big fluffy flakes and the temperature is only in the low 30's.  I don't think it will last long but it's beautiful.
This morning Curt and I got out our racquetball racquet's and after 15 plus years decided to give it a go.  We were absolutely terrible but we had fun and worked up a sweat doing it.  I wasn't sure how my right gluteal muscle would hold up but so far it is feeling good.  And the feeling is starting to return to the lower half of my buttocks!  It is starting to feel so much more "normal" and I think the muscle is starting to be stronger too so I don't look quite so "unbalanced".  God has been so good through this whole cancer journey.  I remember the time when the doctor told me he would have to remove the whole gluteal muscle and before the second surgery when I thought he would be taking more of my pelvic bone and I thought how am I going to able to walk normally and so worried about being disabled in some way and here I am, healthy and walking and playing racquetball!  God's healing powers are amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home