Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Sunday, October 06, 2013

Windfall apples

Friday and Saturday it rained and was very windy.  I looked out the window to see hundreds of apples on the ground.  I was a little disheartened because most of them looked like some of the best, biggest apples.  But when I went out to pick them up, I think it just may have been a blessing in disguise because many of the biggest apples are at the top of the tree and almost impossible for me to get to even on a ladder with my apple picker.  Many of the apples still looked to be none the worse for falling so I gathered them up and tomorrow I am going to start making some applesauce.  Nothing like a little storm to get me motivated. This seems to be true in my spiritual life also.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home