Thinking back
Today I seemed to have many moments that took me back in time...The first was an article I was reading in the Adventist Review about a dachshund who was lost in the woods of Tennessee for 24 days and of course it brought back the memory of when Copper was lost for a month, roaming the plains of North Dakota, blind no less. I thought I could probably write an amazing story about that experience. It was only by God's design that he survived.
I went out for lunch with my mom and she told me that she had taken down her Christmas decorations yesterday and I said that that was on my list to accomplish today so I figured I better keep my word. When I got home I started to try and find all the pictures and things I had taken down to make room for the Christmas decor and in the closet I found some old photo albums and began to look throught them. One of them had pictures from Mom and Dad's 50th anniversary celebration at Itasca State Park. Boy, that was a fun time. It really made me miss dad and the good times we had with all the family together, which rarely happens anymore. I'm lucky if I can get my own family together, let alone everyone else. Why does life have to get so busy and everyone be so far apart.
A lot has changed in 10 years... dad's gone, Cindy and Gary are no longer together. The 3 young people who had their girlfriends/boyfriend with them, none of them ended up marrying them. The only kids who were married at the time were Brandon and Janna and neither had any children yet.
Would I have the energy to play volleyball like did back then? I don't know, but I think it would be fun to plan something like that again. We need to start making memories with the grandkids now.
I went out for lunch with my mom and she told me that she had taken down her Christmas decorations yesterday and I said that that was on my list to accomplish today so I figured I better keep my word. When I got home I started to try and find all the pictures and things I had taken down to make room for the Christmas decor and in the closet I found some old photo albums and began to look throught them. One of them had pictures from Mom and Dad's 50th anniversary celebration at Itasca State Park. Boy, that was a fun time. It really made me miss dad and the good times we had with all the family together, which rarely happens anymore. I'm lucky if I can get my own family together, let alone everyone else. Why does life have to get so busy and everyone be so far apart.
A lot has changed in 10 years... dad's gone, Cindy and Gary are no longer together. The 3 young people who had their girlfriends/boyfriend with them, none of them ended up marrying them. The only kids who were married at the time were Brandon and Janna and neither had any children yet.
Would I have the energy to play volleyball like did back then? I don't know, but I think it would be fun to plan something like that again. We need to start making memories with the grandkids now.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home