Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Sunday, July 21, 2013

On the Mountaintop

This morning is so beautiful!  In the 60's, with a light breeze and the sun is shining...just gorgeous!!  So I went for a long overdue walk.  I was walking my usual circuit but then decided to go a little further to a bench overlooking the reservoir and have some fellowship with God.  As I sat there enjoying the sunshine, birds singing and just the peacefulness of my surroundings I was reminded of what I had just been reading yesterday in the "Ministry of Healing" how Jesus use to go out on the hillside to pray, and how he would preach to the people out on the hillside.  I tried to imagine what it would look like to have over five thousand people covering the hillside of the reservoir...And as I sat there talking to God I knew why Christ would come away to somewhere so peaceful and beautiful.  I could have sat there much longer but knew I should get back home.  As I got up I was reminded of a song from years ago...Mountaintop.  Here's some of the words as I remember them: " I love to go to the mountaintop, fellowshipping with the Lord. I love to go to the mountaintop 'cuz I like to feel my spirits soar.  But I must come down from the mountaintop to the people in the valley below. Or they'll never know that they can go to the mountain of the Lord".  I pray that I will be an encouragement to someone today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home