Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Fall Colors Tour- Day 1

We left Jamestown at 0600 today and enjoyed a beautiful sunrise as we headed east.  The fall colors were beautiful in Minnesota but as we drove further east on Hwy. 2 out of Duluth the colors just kept getting better.  The fluorescent orange, burgundy, bright yellow, russet, mixed with the greens were absolutely amazing.  I could have stopped frequently to take pictures but decided I would just enjoy the scenery.  And from past experience I find that pictures just don't do justice but I took a couple with Curt's camera just for fun.  Passing through a small town in Wisconsin we saw a Kro Bar and had to stop and take a picture.  We are staying the night at the AmericInn in Iron River, MI.  It's located along the Iron River and there's a walking path down by the river so after supper at KFC we enjoyed a little stroll along the river.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home