Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Looking Back

After I made my last blog entry, I started looking back over some of my old blogs and realized that I seemed to have a lot more joy in my journaling and my walks on the river road. Most times you look back and see how far one has come through the years but I feel that I have regressed some. My "walks with God" (as I call them) that I used to take on the river road are nonexistent since the flood last summer. All last summer the road was blocked off. After reading my old blogs it made me long for the good old days when I took Copper for his walk there. So on our walk today I told Curt I wanted to go there. But much to my dismay when we got to the steps we found that the bottom steps are gone and they have been doing some digging and have heavy equipment blocking the roadway. I was very distraut to think that I may not be able to walk there again. It was a great place to think and commune with nature.
I've been reading a book by Rick Warren, "God's Power to Change Your Life". It basically is going through all the fruit of the Spirit and giving some great insights. It certainly has gotten to thinking about ways I can enrich my life and the lives of those around me. Now if I can just put them into action. I like the thought that when bad things happen in your life instead of asking God why this happened, ask "What am I suppose to learn from this experience?". And just being more aware of how to be kind to others, even if it's just smiling. I always thought I was a pretty patient person but I realize that I definately have some areas I can work on.
I'm glad I read some of my old blogs because helps me to find more joy in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home