Campmeeting Blessing
Mom and I went to campmeeting at DAA on Friday. We got there in time for the evening meeting with Shawn Boonstra from It Is Written. I had never heard him speak before and boy, is he amazing! His whole focus was on how close the end is and how God is just waiting for us to do our part and witness for Him so the whole world will know who He is and He can come to take us home. On Sabbath he talked about Moses and all the excuses he had why he couldn't go back to Egypt and deliver the Isrealites and we're just like that. We give reasons like, "I would give Bible studies BUT I don't think I know my Bible well enough; " I would do this BUT.... Then Shawn said "You know in the end when He divides the sheep and the goats. The sheep are the ones that follow the Shepherd and the goats are the ones who BUT." I know I'm one of those who always has an excuse. And the only reason we don't do something is we don't believe what God says and don't ask the Holy Spirit to come and fill us. There is probably not a day goes by that there isn't someone we could witness to of God's love for them.
After I had packed the van this morning, I was waiting for Mom to get done visiting so I sat down on one of the benches out on the lawn in front of the academy and was thinking about all that Shawn had talked about and was praying that God would take away my unbelief and fill me with His Spirit. And suddenly meadowlarks were singing all around and I felt that God was surrounding me with His love.
After I had packed the van this morning, I was waiting for Mom to get done visiting so I sat down on one of the benches out on the lawn in front of the academy and was thinking about all that Shawn had talked about and was praying that God would take away my unbelief and fill me with His Spirit. And suddenly meadowlarks were singing all around and I felt that God was surrounding me with His love.
Labels: Blessings

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home