Biking Journal 20 (The Marathon)
Today, like a couple days ago, I awoke at noon and started thinking about VBS again and couldn't get back to sleep. I noticed that it was actually sunny out, since it has been rainy the last couple days. I checked the computer and it said is was 62 degrees and calm, CALM! I think maybe it had been God tapping me on the shoulder telling me to wake and take advantage of this phenomena. So I decided today I would try for Buchanan. I wasn't sure how far it was but as it turned out it is exactly 13 miles from my house so it made a perfect marathon ride. The semis wizzing by at 70 mph is a little intimidating, but most of them are pretty good about moving over into the passing lane when they go by me, which really is nice. It took me 1 hour and 48 minutes. You can finally smell the lilacs when you ride by which is such a joy!
Labels: Biking

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home