Biking Journal 29 (The Hartland Trail)


Well, I did it! Biked the whole Hartland Trail from Park Rapids to Walker, MN. Warren and Carol went with me and we had a really great time. The weather was a perfect 77 degrees with a light breeze and mostly sunny all day. I didn't realize how hard it is to ride the same speed with someone else. Our bikes must be geared different because even though I didn't pedal any faster than they did, I was always way ahead of them. Once we got to Walker, we went down to the water front and then to Subway for lunch and then biked to the beach and then to Dairy Queen before we headed home. Of course the ride back is always a bit more trying and then smarty me, I'm off ahead of Warren and Carol and missed the turn for the Hartland Trail and ended up on a trail that went to Bemiji but discovered the error of my ways and only put on an extra 5 miles. We left Park Rapids around 9:45 am and I got back to Park Rapids at 5:05 pm. I rode a total of 66.27 miles. My legs felt fine but if I'm not able to adjust the seat to be more comfortable for me, it's going to be a miserable week of riding the CANDISC.

1 Comments:
At 7:37 PM,
Jeremy said…
My behind still remembers that bike ride so many years ago. Just the mention of The Hartland Trail brings back the ache.
Post a Comment
<< Home