Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Friday, October 20, 2006

Don't do windows

I have never been one for keeping my windows washed but the other day I couldn't stand my dirty picture window any longer so I went outside and tackled the job with Curt on the inside washing so I could tell where the streaks were. Afterwards I washed the screens and when all was said and done you could hardly tell there was glass there. It was a beautiful sight! And I wondered why had I not done this long ago. I've often felt keeping windows clean is an impossible task but when one is looking through sparkling clean windows the effort seems all worthwhile for that moment. The verse came to mind where Paul talks about seeing through a glass darkly in 1 Corinthians 13, when I was looking through clean windows, I was reminded how the Holy Spirit helps us see situations in a new light if we just take time to listen.
Who knows maybe one of these days I'll tackle the other windows, but I wouln't hold my breath.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:33 PM, Blogger Angela said…

    nice! i love cleaning windows too! it's amazing how they shine....

    i love you,mom. maybe we can communicate soon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home