Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

The Gift


For Mother's Day I received a gift of magnetic poetry from Amy. I remember the first time I had ever seen it was in Charissa's dorm room at DAA and I thought it was so neat. At that time I remember thinking that I wish I were more creative and could compose poetry. But it is surprising how little things can prompt ones creative side. Like when Angela gave my a book on Haiku and all of a sudden I was composing Haiku's on my walks.
Just a couple days ago I finally bought a magnetic board for my words so I could start composing (my fridge was too full of other magnets). It's funny how when you have these words in front of you all of a sudden these little phrases pop into your head. Not that they may make a lot of sense but I thought they sounded good. (If you can't tell by the picture, they say: "Inner beauty nourishes serenity" and "Joy soothes the chaos of the soul".)
I'm looking forward to some more great inpirations in the future.
I want to thank you girls for helping inspire me to be more than I thought I could be.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:39 PM, Blogger Angela said…

    those are beautiful and true, mom. you are so lovely.

     
  • At 1:20 PM, Blogger Amy said…

    you know, of course, that you inspire us as well. i do like your one-liners.

    i love you, mom.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home