Rediscovering nature
Today is one of those perfect fall days and you just can't help but be called outside, so I packed up Copper in the car and we headed to the river road. I didn't realize what I had been missing until I was once again experiencing the wonders of nature; the squirrels rustling in the underbrush, wood ducks taking flight at the first sound of my footsteps, a muskrat sitting on a submerged log cleaning his paws, a turtle soaking up the sunshine, a bluejay squaking "Hello",a stately snow white heron standing in the murky green water, the kingfisher rattling his warning call...just being at peace with God. Now that my foot is healed I will once again take up my walks with God and be refreshed and rejuvinated by His presence.

2 Comments:
At 10:37 AM,
Amy said…
i'm glad you're out walking again. i miss those walks. since i'm home in the morning i feel like i always have to be doing something so i keep busy doing dishes or making pickles or picking vegetables from the garden or studying for my class. really, i'd just like to take a walk once in a while, especially since the weather is so crisp and cool. good for you.
At 10:11 AM,
Jennifer LeAnn said…
You are so beautiful. I love the morals you draw out of ordinary events. You describe it so well - as if your readers are out there walking with you.
Post a Comment
<< Home