Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Friday, August 25, 2017

Being part of the Community

Today was a good day.  Started out with devotions and a delicious BLTE on rye bread (E being an egg) for breakfast.  Amy gave me some huge tomatoes when I was down there from her garden and there is nothing better than BLT's with home grown tomatoes.  The TRAC center is going to be opening on September 5 so they were giving tours of the facility this morning, so Curt and I walked over there, looked over the place and signed up.  It is a beautiful facility. Has a water park type swimming area with some lap lanes and a separate warm water pool for classes and therapy, a"bubble" with artificial turf that can be taken up for tennis or other sports, lots of fitness equipment, a huge gym with a walking track that overlooks the gym.  It also has a childcare facility.  It will be great to have a pool again!  After we walked back home we had lunch. I took a shower and we went grocery shopping, practiced at the church for special music tomorrow, got the laundry all put away and who knows what else I did but before long it was time to go to the grand opening of the ArtsPark downtown.  Ever since the Ordly building burning down in 2005 they have been working on making this dream come true and now it is a beautiful green space in downtown Jamestown. I wish I could just download my pictures off my phone to show the metal grass sculpture, the mosaic benches are amazing!! The new metal sculpture pavilion.  They even have North Dakota poets poetry etched into the rocks surrounding the metal grass sculptures.  I really hope that it gets used by the community.
I am trying to go to more community functions because I want to feel like I belong to this community.  I have lived here for almost 30 years and still feel like a stranger.  And for both my business and community service they talk about the importance of being involved with your community.  So I am trying to get out there and get to know some people.  Mingling and talking to people, still a challenge, but working on it.  I started reading "The World's Greatest Salesman" tonight.  I read it years ago and can't really remember it but thought it might help me with my business.  It's my bedtime so signing off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home