Progress
Yesterday we made a little more progress on our landscaping. Curt had worked on putting in the landscaping blocks the day before and told me the planting of flowers was up to me. So we went hunting for flowers. I picked out 4 "Strawberry candy" daylilies for the middle layer and a "sorbet" peony plant. For the bottom layer I got some "garden pinks" dianthus. It says they make good ground cover, and they are perennials so hopefully they will come back every year. I still have to decide what to do with the larger area. I got some "wave" petunias for the flower boxes. I've never gotten them before but they spread out a lot so hopefully they will look beautiful. When we get the little waterfall up I'll have to post some pictures. We had to get some topsoil for fill so getting it all filled in and getting the flowers planted was hard and dirty work but I felt good after it was done. Last night we had a really good thunderstorm come through around 2 a.m. and I was a little worried about my plants because it was really windy but they all survived and got a really good drink of water. I also got my little vegetable garden planted yesterday so now we will see what happens.
My friend Julie and I went for a 5 mile walk yesterday and I am going again with her this morning. Then it's back to work for my 4 day week-end and then next week I am going to start doing as much decorating in the classrooms as I can for VBS since I can't get in to decorate the sanctuary until after 5 p.m. on Sunday,I need to get as much of the rest of the church decorated before that.
I just keep praying that the Lord will help me stay calm and not get too stressed out about VBS.
My friend Julie and I went for a 5 mile walk yesterday and I am going again with her this morning. Then it's back to work for my 4 day week-end and then next week I am going to start doing as much decorating in the classrooms as I can for VBS since I can't get in to decorate the sanctuary until after 5 p.m. on Sunday,I need to get as much of the rest of the church decorated before that.
I just keep praying that the Lord will help me stay calm and not get too stressed out about VBS.
Labels: Blessings, Good times

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home