New Hope
Last Saturday night for some reason, I could not get to sleep. I had spend a wonderfully quiet Sabbath at home since church had been cancelled due to the snow storm. Curt was at work so I spend the day reading Heather Bohlender's book, "Honestly, I'm Struggling". It was refreshing and honest and got me to thinking about my own life. Anyway, why I couldn't sleep I'm not sure. But I started thinking about my mom's 80th birthday party that we are putting together and went down stairs and started watching a video that my sister Cindy and her husband had made for my parent's 50th anniversary. I thought maybe we could use some of the footage for mom's birthday celebration. In watching the video and seeing myself in my teen years and 20's, I couldn't believe that I had ever thought that I was fat and unattractive! I was beautiful and had a great figure. I realized that I am still that same beautiful person, even though I have several extra pounds hiding that great figure. And I'm not sure what really prompted my excitement but that morning after only getting four hours of sleep I felt energized and felt that anything was possible...getting out of debt, losing 70 pounds...anything was possible and I was excited for the start of a new year.
Labels: New beginnings

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home