Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Monday, May 23, 2011

I Walk Alone

Lately most of my walks have been with someone, either my friend, Julie or Curt. I enjoy these walks because they seem to go faster with someone to talk to. But today, Julie is out of town and Curt is mowing the lawn, so I went alone. Alone is good also in that I really get to focus in on my bird songs. Today the bob-o-links were out in abundance. They have such a cheery song, right up there with the meadowlark. However, no meadowlarks today, but the robins, red-winged blackbird, finchs, sparrows and wrens were singing a chorus. I even spottted a catbird after hearing him singing in the bushes. The time went by fast and I enjoyed the cool, cloudy weather.
After returning home I cleaned out the pond and got the waterfall going. I was doubtful if it would work after forgeting to bring it in over the winter but everything seems to be working alright. It is hard work getting everything ready for summer. I haven't even planted anything and I'm already tired. I can officially say every tree is starting to leaf out. Some of the flowering bushes are blooming and a few lilacs are getting buds on so soon the air will be perfumed with their fragrance. Spring has finally sprung!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home