My Resolve
Ever since I started working 12 hour night shifts I have not been able to get a routine down, so my exercise and devotions have pretty much fallen by the wayside. I always complain I'm so tired and have no motivation to do anything. Well, this is going to stop! NO MORE EXCUSES, NO MORE PITY PARTIES! The truth is I have just been lazy and using work as an excuse. I am almost always up by 2 pm and that gives me plenty of time for a half hour of exercise and devotions and still have time for a shower and to eat supper.
So here's the deal. If any of you friends or family out there start hearing me complain about not having the time for exercise, remind me about my resolve and tell me to quit complaining and start getting on with the program.
I've had a good start so far. Went for a 4 mile walk with Curt down to the marina on Sabbath, drove out to the cabin and went swimming on Sunday, took a 5 mile bike ride yesterday and just got back from about a 2 and a half mile walk. I feel happy and excited about getting control of my life again. The devil knows that sticking to a program has always been hard for me and losing weight has been a struggle for years. So I am telling him to get out of my mind and I am going to win this struggle!
I figure if I mix up the exercise routine with walking, riding my bike, a little "Dancing With the Stars" and Irish dancing it should stay fun and interesting.
So here's the deal. If any of you friends or family out there start hearing me complain about not having the time for exercise, remind me about my resolve and tell me to quit complaining and start getting on with the program.
I've had a good start so far. Went for a 4 mile walk with Curt down to the marina on Sabbath, drove out to the cabin and went swimming on Sunday, took a 5 mile bike ride yesterday and just got back from about a 2 and a half mile walk. I feel happy and excited about getting control of my life again. The devil knows that sticking to a program has always been hard for me and losing weight has been a struggle for years. So I am telling him to get out of my mind and I am going to win this struggle!
I figure if I mix up the exercise routine with walking, riding my bike, a little "Dancing With the Stars" and Irish dancing it should stay fun and interesting.
Labels: Happy thoughts, New beginnings

1 Comments:
At 10:02 AM,
Unknown said…
Terri, quit complaining and get on with the program. I walk 2 mi qd have started a vegan meal plan.
Post a Comment
<< Home