One Fine Day
Yes, yesterday was a fine day! It started at 8:15 a.m. 24 hours to do with what I wanted. That seems to be a rare occasion lately. So I fixed some coffee and cereal and read the paper, did the suduko, celebrity cipher, and the crossword puzzles and before I knew it, it was 10:15 a.m. I figured I best get busy and get some work done so I started with the dishes and cleaning up the kitchen, then vacuuming, putting laundry away, scrubbing the floor and putting some vacation pictures in frames and hanging them up in my "travel" room. I then mowed the back yard and did some weed pulling. Then I relaxed for a while and read a book until Curt came home from work. Then the real work began...Mom had been over the day before and mentioned that she was going to start scraping tiles off the floor of her basement. I knew this was not a one women job so I asked Curt if he would mind going out and helping her. So we surprised her and showed up around 3:30 p.m. and the work began. I started hauling out old paneling and wood scraps she had leaning against the wall and moved furniture, and loaded up broken tiles into buckets to be carried out and put in the farmhand scoop. After we finished one 12 foot section, Mom swabbed the floor with bleach water and then Curt and I layed to new carpet down and proceeded to do the same with the next 12 foot section. It was lots of hard work and by the end I barely had enough strength to climb up the stairs. Every part of my body was sore! But it is one of those good feeling aches, when you know you have done a good days work, and I felt very happy. Mom was so pleased and very grateful for the help. She said, "And I thought I could do this by myself! I didn't realize how much work this was going to be.". We still had another 12 foot section to go but we needed to get home because Curt had to work at 6:00 a.m. So we left the farm at 8 p.m. and when I got home I took a nice hot bath with my massaging bubbles. It was great! I took some Ibuprofen and slept well and wasn't near as sore this morning as I thought I would be. It's great to be alive.
Labels: Blessings, fun times, Happy thoughts

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home