Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Let it snow,...




On Tuesday morning we got another 8 inches of fluffy snow. I called Curt to come and get me from work because I wasn't sure "Rosie" could make it through the snow since a lot of the streets hadn't been plowed yet. But with Curt following me just in case, Rosie plowed through all the snow and made it home. I was really proud of her!


After it quit snowing Curt and I went out to shovel. An hour and a half later, I told him I thought this constituted an emergency and we should use our emergency fund to buy a snow blower. After all we still had a long ways to being finished. So off we went on our quest for the perfect snowblower, only to find that there were no snowblowers to be had in Jamestown. But TSC said they were hoping to have 7 of them coming within the next couple days. So we put our name on the list and went back home to try and finish clearing the end of the driveway. Eight thirty Wednesday morning we got the call that they were in and we trucked down to TSC to get not a snowblower but a snowthrower. Maybe that's the new name for them, but none the less we are now proud owners of a great snowthrowing machine. After getting it all together and gased up Curt took it out to finish the last bit of driveway we hadn't had the energy to finish.


So bring it on Old Man Winter, we are ready!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home