Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Friday, November 28, 2008

Never Say Never- Part 2

As my alarm went off at 3:30 a.m. I heard the closing strain ..."Soon it will be Christmas day". It seemed fitting for the adventure I was about to enbark on...
This seems to be the year for doing things I said I would never do. The first was dying my hair earlier this year and now Black Friday! I always said people who get up at 4 a.m. to get a good deal were absolutely crazy. But this morning I did it just for the experience. And yes it will be the last time. What got me interested in the first place was the leather jackets on sale for $50. I do believe I could have gone to Penney's at 8 a.m. and still have gotten one. But Walmart was really the crazy place. You see me, not being an experienced Black Friday shopper, actually thought that Walmart would not open until 5 a.m., which probably would have been the case last year but now that we have a Super Walmart that stays open 24 hours a day, people were there standing around the item that they were there for. All the big sale items were on pallets wrapped in black plastic and were not undone until 5 a.m. And I will tell you then major traffic jams occured. If you are smart you have a helper that can get the items while you stand in the aisle with the shopping cart, blocked in by all the other shoppers. But I got what I went for and got out unscathed. No fights broke out either. K-Mart was much less congested but still had quite a mob that gathered by 6 a.m. So here I am back home by 6:30 a.m. and none the richer for the experience.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home