Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Monday, April 10, 2006

A Call to India

On Sabbath, Cheryl Erickson had the sermon and told of her experience in India in February. She said that after being there and the amazing things that happened she would never be the same. In the two weeks she was there, there were 22,000 people baptized during the evangelistic meetings they held. I just can't imagine what it would be like to be a part of something like that. I can't imagine what it would be like to go to India! But she said they wanted to put another group together and go again next Feb. And she said that if anyone had ever had a desire to go and do mission work that they should consider going. Well, for a very long time I have wanted to go on a mission trip, a maranatha trip and help build a church or something. But there was always something that got in the way, raising kids, then putting them through school but now I have no excuse except raising the money to go. When I was on my walk Sabbath afternoon I had a thought about how to raise the money...as many of you know I have been wanting to lose weight for quite some time but all diets and exercise plans have been to no avail and I usuallly can't stick with anything longer than two weeks. But if I am doing it for the Lord perhaps I would be successful. So I thought maybe I could get people to sponsor me for so much a pound. My goal would be 50#'s. I know that seems pretty impossible for me, since I have been trying to lose that for 3 years now and I'm not any closer now than I was 3 years ago. But with God all things are possible. It's kind of scary putting this in print because then I will have to follow through with it. But I do think that going to India and being part of an evangelistic effort would be so amazing! If it is God's will everything will work out.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:11 AM, Blogger barberboy said…

    Way to go mom. I think this is a great idea. I'll give ya $2.00 for every pound you lose. (I spend 5 times that for a pound of coffee.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home