Empty Nest

Midlife musings from a mother of four.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Feeling fine

I'm not sure what it is about turning 50 that is exciting to me. Maybe it's that in a few years I will be able to get senior citizen discounts and I don't feel any older than I did when I was forty. I really believe in the old adage "You're only as old as you feel" because I don't feel like I thought I would feel when I turned 50. OK, the grey hair thing is starting to bother me but I have always said I would never color my hair just so I could look younger and I'm trying hard to stick by it. A friend of mine told to that the best way to celebrate your 50th is to plan the party yourself and she was so right! It has been fun and I just hope it all transpires as I have envisioned it in my head. As long as I can be surrounded by the ones I love it will be heavenly.
I even broke down and got myself a physical today and it only proved what I've known all along, that I am in perfect health. OK, so I'm overweight, but what if I lose weight and start getting sick, what would be the good in that! I'm starting to get OK with where I'm at. I exercise regularly and try and eat healthy most of the time and if I can lose a few pounds and still find pleasure and comfort in what I eat then all the better.
So to all of you out there, "Grow old along with me, the best is yet to be..."

1 Comments:

  • At 10:29 PM, Blogger Schlomo said…

    heh heh.. yeah I know about the growing older bit. I'm about to turn 28.. and then its only 2 years till I'm thirty. Scary stuff... and I'm already getting grey hair!! Quite a few actually. But thats ok. It will make me look dignified right?

    Oh and a fun thing to add to your blog is on this site http:// www . site meter . com (without the spaces. I'm not sure if they block html links.. anyhow. its free and you get to see who and where the people reading your blog are from. Its pretty fun. :) Have a good weekend Terri! Love ya.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home